Eleven: Study, Day 15

More from A Renewed Heart!

Page 46: "God has a different definition of excellence, and the only thing required is love. It is not enough to merely say that you love or to have the emotion of love; you must actively live out love as Christ has shown us. That is the 'most excellent way' and a foundation to renewal. This may require as much patience and hard work as training for an Olympic medal. It exacts a payment of our emotions and time."

Page 47: "'If we love, we can never observe the other person with detachment, for he is always and at every moment a living claim to our love and service.' -Dietrich Bonhoeffer"

Powerful thoughts about love!  Do you find it difficult to love at times?  I know I do.  But God gives us a great resource in I Corinthians 13:1-13 that describes love.  We learn in this famous passage what love is and what it is not.  I suggest that you use it as your guide, your blueprint for loving others.  Read through the verses, and as you do write down the parts of love that you do well and those that you do poorly.  Bring the list before God and ask for His help in the areas where you fall short.  Share your thoughts below!  Thank you, friends!

God is at work in me through this study and the time I spend in it.  I am excited to see where He's taking me and to see growth in my walk with Him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Write On

God is good...even when life is hard

What I learned from a phone book... (Part I)