Faith Muscles

Have you ever felt like you were on the fringes of an upcoming breakthrough?  Have you wondered how to wait patiently for it to happen and not try to "make it happen" in your time your way?  I am in that position right now.  And sometimes I feel as though I'm missing crucial information.  Perhaps someone found that missing puzzle piece before I did and jumped on the fast train to my breakthrough, my purpose, my plan.  I doubt that there's any sound belief in that possibility because I truly believe God's got my plan covered, always has and always will.  He sees the completed puzzle from his vast and all-encompassing view.  He knows where the other pieces are going to come from that have not even come close to my periphery yet.  Amazing?  Fantastic!  Why do I continue to become "stress-paralyzed" (see Moms' Night Out) and just shut down?  Fear?  Lack of trust?  Doubt?  Worry?  You name it - it's very likely a contributing factor in this whole breakthrough thing.  I suppose I could just throw some different cooked noodles at the wall (each with a specific direction for my life attached to it) and see which one sticks.  Or is it which one falls?  Hmmm...  I'll have to look that up.  But really where's my faith?  It's little and very like a mustard seed (if that big).  So maybe I should be able to move mountains and whatnot.  But the truth is I can't.  Not a mountain mover.  Never have been, and sadly, it's unlikely that I ever will be.  I know big shocker.  So where do I go with this whole breakthrough feeling that I've had for months (maybe even years)?  Is it just wishful thinking on my part?  Or is it the substance of things not seen?  Do you ever just know something for fact even though you have no obvious reasons to?  I knew the gender of each of my children before ever going to my 20-week ultrasound.  Why?  Faith!  So why when I get this breakthrough feeling and know that we need a financial miracle (and others) in our lives do I doubt?  Why when I've seen miracle upon miracle and provision upon provision do I doubt my Lord?  "O ye of little faith."  I need to exercise my faith muscles.  Would you join me?  Take time over the next week to make a list of at least five miracles or provisionary helps God has done for you over the last decade.  When you hit five, feel free to keep going.  I hope to start a family memory book of sorts full of our family's miracles/provisionary helps.  This book will be a great place to go to when I need to build up my faith muscles, when I'm wondering when that breakthrough is going to show up.  If you feel comfortable doing so, please feel free to share one or more of your miracles.  We all need our "muscles" to be stronger.  Blessings, friends!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Write On

God is good...even when life is hard

What I learned from a phone book... (Part I)