My 2021 Reading List/Challenge

The last few years I've searched out reading challenges for the new year and attempted some with more success than others.  I have even set out challenges at Shannon Tobias Library for both adults and children.  Some I've done with success; others not so much.  This year I decided to review my TBR (to be read) pile and add on a book discussion group I found on Facebook.  And, if I'm feeling super crazy, I'll add in a challenge I found at Intentional By Grace.  The point for me this year is to actually read more and read more of what I want to read.  I thought I'd share my plan as it stands right now.  Please consider reading one or two or more of these titles along with me.  I would love to hear (read) your comments and thoughts on them.

Here is my list so far:

-Mr. Pipes and Psalms and Hymns of the Reformation by Douglas Bond

I started this series earlier this year or last year, and I have been learning a lot about hymn writers throughout this and the first book.  I may even try to squeeze in the other two books in this series as well.

 
-The Christmas Swap by Melody Carlson
I usually try to read at least one Christmas story every December.  This year I failed, so I will be reading a Christmas book in January.  I have found most of Melody Carlson's Christmas books enjoyable.  I'm imagining this one will be enjoyable as well.
 
My husband and I gifted this book to our son sometime in the last two years.  He read it earlier this year and really seemed to enjoy it.  He requested that I read it, so it's on my list for 2021.

-The Green Ember by S. D. Smith

I've joined a Facebook group (PPPS: Tending the Hearts Of Children) that will be reading through the S. D. Smith books.  I haven't ever read any of them, so I'm pretty excited about this.

 
-Fully Alive by Ken Davis
I NEED to read this book THIS year.  I've been meaning to for some time now...this is the year for me to live Fully Alive.
 
This is one I will be rereading for my daughters' book club.  The Vanderbeekers are a genuinely caring family.  I highly recommend all four books in the series.  I am very much looking forward to the next book coming out in September of 2021.
 
-Katy by Mary Evelyn Notgrass
Since I'm a homeschool mom, I'm often on the lookout for a book that my home educated children can relate to.  This book was written by a homeschool graduate and homeschooling is involved in the story line.  There is also a sequel.  I have not read either book yet, but my firstborn daughter has and recommended that I read this.
 
-Mama's Bank Account by Kathryn Forbes
 

-Winter by Philip Ulrich

The Growly books are delightful!  I was so thrilled to learn that the fifth Growly book was finally going to be published this year.  These books feature a bear on an adventure.  I think of them as a mix of many great adventure tales.  They are great for reading aloud and mostly the whole family can enjoy them.  My parents have even read them!  I can't wait to continue the adventure!


 -The Vanderbeekers to the Rescue by Karina Yan Glaser


-Raising Up Dreamers: Find and Grow Your Child's God-Given Talents by Shelia Erwin

Have you seen Moms' Night Out?  If so, you have seen a movie from the Erwin brothers.  Shelia Erwin is their mother.  This book should be encouraging, and I'm hoping that it's full of great suggestions for Raising Up Dreamers.


-Mother Culture: For a Happy Homeschool by Karen Andreola

I need me some mother culture.  I'm hoping this book will get me there.

 -Your Powerful Prayers: Reaching the Heart of God with a Bold and Humble Faith by Susie Larson

Susie Larson is an amazing speaker and writer, and I am really looking forward to learning from her through this book.

-The Vanderbeekers Lost and Found by Karina Yan Glaser

-Raising Worry-Free Girls: Helping Your Daughter Feel Braver, Stronger, and Smarter in an Anxious World by Sissy Goff

My girl needs me to step up to the plate and help her get through life in this anxious world.  I'm hoping this book will help me encourage her, equip her, and pray for her through the worries of life.

-Awaking Wonder: Opening Your Child's Heart to the Beauty of Learning by Sally Clarkson

Every Sally Clarkson book I've ever picked up and read through has been time well spent.  I think this one will also be.  I am hoping to glean a lot from this title.

 -Ember Falls by S. D. Smith

-Two books by Lori Wick

-Two books by Robin Jones Gunn

-The Last Archer by S. D. Smith

 -Godmothers: Why You Need One. How to Be One. by Lisa Bevere

So many ladies need to connect to other ladies in a deep and meaningful way.  I'm hoping this book will help me do just that.

 -Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

This is my favorite of Jane Austen's books!  I am ready for another reading of this lovely classic.


-The Wreck and the Rise of Whitson Mariner by S. D. Smith

-More All-of-a Kind Family by Sydney Taylor


 -Anne of Avonlea by L. M. Montgomery

-Book Girl: A Journey Through the Treasures and Transforming Power of a Reading Life by Sarah Clarkson


-And more...



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Write On

God is good...even when life is hard

What I learned from a phone book... (Part I)