Eleven: Exercise, Day 7

I have now exercised 7 days in a row.  To some what I'm about to say may seem unimpressive, but for me, this is a big step in the right direction.  I have ridden my recumbent bike a total of 13.76 miles in a little over 65 minutes.  I know it's a sad place to be when it takes over an hour to go 13.5 miles, but I am thankful for the routine of regular exercise and the discipline of it too.  What a joy it is to know that I am taking steps in the direction of better health and physical fitness!  I'm working toward taking better care of the physical body God blessed me with/entrusted to me.


I have started reading Every Body Matters by Gary Thomas to go along with my exercise/physical fitness month.  I am very intrigued by what he is discussing in this book and find it to be an easy read.  I now strongly desire to find an activity that I can do to increase my physical fitness!  I knew before that I wanted to improve my eating habits and those of my family, but now I want more physical activity too!  I want to share a quote from Every Body Matters that I read today with you.  Please feel free to comment below and tell me what you think.

From page 37: "And that's the promise of faithful fitness. Those of us who have the courage to address this personal issue in our own lives will experience considerable results. Improving your physical fitness will increase your overall zest for life. You'll have more energy for your marriage, for parenting, for your business."
I want to increase my zest for life and have more energy!  Why does it always seem as if physical fitness is like a bad four-letter word?  Why is it okay to ignore gluttony and lack of exercise, but when we see someone that wants to better their body through physical exercise we sneer?  I'm confused!  Should it be this way?  Why not take the challenge and step out in physical fitness?  If you aren't a basketball player, then don't play basketball!  If you aren't a sprinter, then don't sprint!  Find the physical fitness activity that appeals to you, that excites you, that motivates you and pursue it!  Find a friend and go for it!  God will meet you, even in that time and place, and He will bless you and give you new tasks that you might not have been able to do before you took the time to start walking around the block every night.  Think about it!


One more thing to share with you before I go: my husband has joined the bike riding in the basement!  It's been a joy to be able to have him join me in my Eleven.  I'll keep you posted as the next 3 weeks unfold.  Thank you for taking time to read along here!  You all bless me!  :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Write On

God is good...even when life is hard

What I learned from a phone book... (Part I)