Which Direction?

Loving that I'm in a house with 4 sleeping kids again!  How does this happen?  God knows that I need my rest!  I've been thinking about many things lately.  Really some days I think about nothing.  Not nothing really but mostly just what to fix for lunch and dinner and who needs a diaper change now.  The stuff that keeps our lives going from day to day.  Some days I get bogged down in the day to day stuff, and other days I'm overwhelmed by the need to have direction/purpose/a plan.  Do you have those days?  Weeks?  Months?  The ones where you just want to know what you're supposed to be doing.  And when and how.  Or maybe it's that you want to know that you're doing what you're supposed to be doing already.  Maybe that's the key for you.  I think I stress out those around me some days with my need for direction.  I just want to know that we aren't aimlessly wandering around in some desert, especially when there might be a better way.  Who wants to miss out on the better way, the right road, the chosen path?  Likely, not many of you are jumping at that chance.  Not surprising.  Yet where's the answer.  In God's word!

Find your way to Psalms.  There are great verses in Psalms!  I went to www.biblegateway.com and typed in path.  Here are some of the verses I found:

*Psalm 16:11 - You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.
*Psalm 17:5 - My steps have held to your paths; my feet have not stumbled.
*Psalm 18:36 - You provide a broad path for my feet, so that my ankles do not give way.
*Psalm 25:4 - Show me your ways, Lord, teach me your paths.
*Psalm 27:11 - Teach me your way, Lord; lead me in a straight path because of my oppressors.
*Psalm 119:32 - I run in the path of your commands, for you have broadened my understanding.

I've only listed six verses, and there are so many more to choose from!  I seem to forget that the way to gain direction is to follow Christ.  Following Christ is relational!  I need to be in communication with Him through prayer and through reading His word.  When I'm "walking" with Christ, I will be on His path and He will reveal to me my path.  How awesome is that?  Why do I start thinking that I need to find answers for myself, instead of trusting my creator?  He knows me, my heart, my strengths, my weaknesses, everything.  I need to go to Him first with EVERYTHING!  A good reminder!  If you're like me, it may be a struggle for you when you feel as though you're directionless, but you need to remember (like me) that God has a direction for you.  He ALWAYS has.  We just need to ask Him to show us that direction - His direction.  He can see the "big" picture that we cannot see.

Comments

  1. Thank you, Jolene. Perfect timing, it was as if this was written just for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad! Blessings to you, Tammy!! Hugs and prayers! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Write On

God is good...even when life is hard

What I learned from a phone book... (Part I)